Directions to the Museum
Take the New York State Thruway to Exit 19, Kingston.
Follow the signs to the Historic Rondout Waterfront and
the Urban Cultural Park.
Make your way to the bottom of Broadway and turn left.
We're a quarter-mile down on East Strand on the left.
Driving time is about 2 hours from Manhattan and 1 hour from Albany.
When punching our address into your GPS, you may need to enter it as 89 East Strand Street.
Local people know it as East Strand or even just the Strand and don't think of it as a street.
A common GPS error shows that East Strand and Route 9W intersect; they do not!
9W is on a bridge over East Strand.
Use Garraghan Drive to turn off 9W.
Kingston Hotels and Motels
- Best Western Plus, 503 Washington Ave., Kingston NY 12401, 845-338-0400
- Courtyard by Marriott, 500 Frank Sottile Blvd, Kingston NY 12401, 845-382-2300
- Hampton Inn, 1307 Ulster Ave, Kingston NY 12401, 845-382-2600
- Super 8 Motel, 487 Washington Ave., Kingston NY 12401, 800-800-8000
- Quality Inn, 114 Route 28, Kingston NY 12401, 845-339-3900
Kingston Bed & Breakfasts
- Rondout Bed & Breakfast, 88 West Chestnut St., Kingston NY 12401, 845-331-8144
- Rondout Inn, 79 Broadway, Kingston NY 12401, 845-339-2902
Additional information on lodging in the Kingston area is available at the
City's web page.
This page was last updated by Evan Jennings on Sep. 13, 2016.
Artwork by E. Jennings/J. McGrew